Clarivate Analytics has just reconfigured the Web of Science database platform to make it less cluttered and more intuitive. Both the search pages and results pages look different, but all of the features from the previous version appear to be operational.
- The former (and default) Basic search is now called Document Search, while the Advanced Search still goes by the same name
- The Web of Science Core Collection consists of four specific indexes or collections that can be chosen in the Editions dropdown (they are all selected by default):
- Arts and Humanities Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded
- Social Science Citation Index
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (interdisciplinary journals in the probationary process of being permanently added to one of the three primary indexes)
- You can still select different databases within the Web of Science platform to search – like Zoological Record and MEDLINE, among others
- If you created a personal account on the old platform, it will still be accessible and operational on the new platform
If you have any questions or problems with the new platform, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with your librarian.